If you’re looking for a dessert that also includes one of your five-a-day, look no further than this roasted pineapple recipe from Six Senses Zighy Bay in Oman.
The executive chef of the 82-private villa resort, Chef Michele Mingozzi has created this easy recipe to try at home.
This recipe combines chilli, ginger and lime for a zingy way to round off your meal, or just for a sweet treat.
• 1 pineapple
• 100g sugar
• 1 piece star anise
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1 vanilla pod
• 3g red chilli flakes
• 10g ground ginger
• 8g lime juice
1. Heat and caramelise the sugar in a pan.
2. Cut the pineapple into the desired size.
3. Coat the pineapple along with the caramel until evenly combined.
4. Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
5. Transfer in a dish or tray and cover.
6. Bake at 180 degrees in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until soft.
For more recipes click here.