Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
For the meatballs
• 500g spinneysFOOD Organic Lean Mince
• 1 leek, finely chopped
• 1 tsp spinneysFOOD Sea Salt
• 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
• 1 tsp oregano, finely chopped
• 50g Parmesan, grated
• 1 large egg
For the soup
• spinneysFOOD Mediterranean Extra Virgin
• Olive Oil, for frying
• 3 leeks, rinsed and finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
• 2 spinneysFOOD Carrots, peeled and
• roughly chopped
• 3 spinneysFOOD Celery Stalks, roughly chopped
• 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
• 2½ tbsp tomato paste
• 1½ tbsp baharat spice mix
• 1 tbsp spinneysFOOD Coriander
• 1 spinneysFOOD Cinnamon Stick
• 1 tbsp spinneysFOOD Unrefined Brown Sugar
• 185g kamut
• 1L vegetable stock
• 800ml hot spinneysFOOD Bottled
• Drinking Water
• spinneysFOOD Sea Salt
• spinneysFOOD Whole Black Peppercorns, freshly cracked
• 2 tbsp spinneysFOOD Fresh Coriander, chopped
• 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
1 Place the mince, leek, salt, parsley, oregano, Parmesan and egg in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls.
2 Heat the oil in a large, shallow non-stick frying pan. Cook the meatballs for three to four minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
3 In the same pan, add more olive oil and fry the leeks and garlic over a medium heat for three minutes.
4 Stir in the carrots and celery and cook for two minutes. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, spices, sugar and cook for another minute.
5 Stir in the kamut, stock and water. Cook for 35 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until the kamut is tender.
6 Place the meatballs in the soup and allow them to heat up. Season well.
7 Serve with coriander and a lemon squeeze.
For more recipes to cook at home click here.