When it comes to convenient, grab-and-go food, British chain Pret A Manger is a hit.
Pret A Manger has four branches in Dubai, and the coffee shop chain is now releasing recipe ideas to keep us going at home.
If you’ve already made the astonishingly chocolatey dark chocolate chunk cookies (you can find the recipe here) and are looking for a new sweet treat to tackle in the kitchen, we’ve got the next recipe for you to try out at home in the UAE: Pret’s choc bar.
It’s a super-quick and easy treat to whip up, meaning even the little ones can get involved as there’s no actual cooking required.
• 220g dark chocolate
• 200g milk chocolate
• 160g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
• 80g golden syrup
• 300g digestive biscuits
• 80g sultanas
• Pinch of salt
• Place a pan of water on to the stove and bring to a low simmer.
• Line a try with silicon paper.
• Break up the chocolate into chunks and place in a heat proof bowl. Turn the pan off and place the bowl on the pan.
• Allow the chocolate to melt and once fully melted add in the butter and golden syrup and mix until smooth. Set to one side and allow to cool slightly. You should be able to place your finger in and it should feel warm but not hot.
• Break up the digestive biscuits into bite-size pieces and sieve to remove all the crumbs.
• Add the sultanas and biscuits into the chocolate mix and mix in gently.
• Pour the mix into your lined tray and refrigerate for a few hours and once semi-set cut into chunks.
• Store in an airtight container.
Can’t get enough of baking at home in the UAE? Head here for more sweet recipes.